Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Great Man

My Grandpa Hanks passed away recently and I am just grateful I was able to see him before he passed away and be with my family during this time. He was always such a good example to all of us. He taught us to be kind and patient as well as loving and forgiving. I feel so lucky to have known him and associate with him.

The funeral service was really beautiful, with my mom and all her sisters talking about the kind of life he led. I was so proud of my mom and how well she handled everything. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and the amazing blessing that we have to know that he is with my wonderful grandma right now. He was faithful all his life and I am so grateful for the love he showed to me and to all his family. We always knew that grandpa loved all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing dear. You and your family were in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. It is good to hear things went well. Thanks for you testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Jenny ((HUGS)) to you from me :)

    ReplyDelete