Thursday, April 21, 2011
Every 4 months or so a few girlfriends that I went to high school with and I get together and have a girls day. This one was last weekend and we had a blast! As you can see from the pictures, we had 2 little ones about the same age. Garrett and Will were so cute looking at each other and smiling.
The only glitch in the plans was that Janae couldn't be there. We missed her! The rest of us played games, with a LOT of food, and it was fun to just catch up. I love these ladies!! So thanks Lynae, Lisa, Whitney, and Amie for a fun weekend!
Friday, April 8, 2011
It has been a really rough week in a lot of ways, but I thought that I would try to focus on the blessings, since I feel like they just keep coming.
1. Will has been sleeping through the night pretty consistently.
2. We decided to cut back on some of Owen's classes. This means that I am not a crazy maniac every morning trying to get both kids fed and dressed and ready for the day. This also means that we can practice new methods at home more regularly.
3. I went out to ice cream with a friend of mine this week and it took my mind off things and reminded me how fun it is to get out!
4. Owen has been giving me random hugs lately and I just feel like he knows I love him. And he loves to hug Will. It is soooooo sweet!
5. Yesterday I was just feeling lonely and down and I got a knock on my door and my sweet friend Whitney had stopped by (on her birthday) and was thoughtful enough to listen to my struggles and just let me vent. She hugged me as I cried and insisted on cleaning my house up while I took a bath. My kids love her and so do Zac and I. She helped me remember I'm not alone.
The list seems to go on and on and although I am exhausted alot of the time and anxious for things to make sense, I really do have a lot of blessings to remind me that everything will work itself out. I have this really great quote in the back of my scriptures that I love:
"Things work out. It isn't as bas as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us...If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
Friday, April 1, 2011
On my blog I talk alot about what is going on with me and the kids and a good chunk of the time I forget to include much about my favorite person! Zac is so good to me and takes every opportunity amongst his crazy schedule to play with our kids and remind me to just sit back and enjoy life. He always makes me want to be better. We're a good balance for eachother and I would be lost without him. Love you Hon!