Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

   I am so blessed to be a mother. I am so blessed to have two boys that I love. I want to like Mother's Day...I really do. But I won't lie, sometimes it's just painful. I think a lot of the gratification of being a mother is the reward of affection, hugs and words of gratitude from your child. I ache for that sometimes and I struggle when I see what my world is. My kids aren't very affectionate (especially Owen) and they don't have the verbal skills to say thank you and I love you...

  




That small part of my life is hard. Watching other kids what mine aren't doing is hard. Wondering how long my life will look like this is hard. But, I look at the good kids I have, how happy they are, how smart they are and how hard they try. It doesn't take all the pain from my mother heart, but it does ease the ache. I love my boys more than anything and I feel so honored to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment