Friday, July 6, 2012

Owen got in!!!!

 He got into a program that he has been on the wait list for since he was 18 months. Everyone told us that this was THE program to get him into. They take kids when they turn 3 and keep them in the program until they are 5. Owen missed the cutoff for his birthday last year, and so we have been anxiously waiting for evaluations and then, to our joy, the acceptance of Owen into this program.

They work with everything you could think of...potty training (I can't even begin to think of how you would do that without communication), diet, behavior issues, sleep patterns, repetitious play, parallel play and everything in between. They have a large focus on parent involvement. They encourage us to come and observe, and they also do in home visits. And, although I know that things aren't going to change over night, I am so excited to be given a lot of direction and be able to watch him progress. 

This is such an answer to prayer! I can't even begin to express how long we have been praying for guidance and help to know what to do and now I feel like we are getting to what he really needs. It was pretty amazing, I was reading my scriptures this afternoon and this is what I read in D &C 105: 18-19: " But inasmuch as there are those who have hearkened unto my words, I have prepared a blessing and endowment for them, if they continue faithful. I have heard their prayers, and will accept their offering; and it is expedient in me that they should be brought thus far for a trial of their faith. " And then I read a little more and got to verse 41: " Therefore, be faithful; and behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end. "

I will be honest, there have been days and sometimes nights that I just think I don't have it in me for one more day of struggle and stress, and there are other days that are absolutely wonderful. But, when I think of those difficult days that I was watched over with a call from my sister, or someone stops by, or the boys have a really great day, I just can't help but feel blessed more than I deserve. I love my sweet Owen so much, and I feel like I have been to almost every meeting, conference, therapy session and anything else I can get involved with and so it is so reassuring to know that I can't trust these wonderful people to watch over my son and help him better his skills, learn to communicate better, and just prepare him for future years in school.

I honestly feel like this is the best news I've had in 3 years. I love the idea that someone else will hopefully get to see and experience the love and fun that comes with my amazing son! Another thing that I am super excited about is that, while Owen is away at school, I can get more time with Will as well. I get to enjoy his sweet, fun little personality and just really play with him and then on the weekends, we all get to play together and just feel more like a connected family. Zac was with me when we found out and so I loved that we got to share that moment that we have been waiting for together. What a blessing today is!!!


1 comment:

  1. Jenny! I've got tears. Of joy! So excited for your family. (Welcome back!!)

    ReplyDelete