Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Events

We had such a great Easter weekend (technically week). Zac took a couple of days off to ski of course, and so we went to Driggs for a few days. First, we had a visit from my sister and her gorgeous boy Ethan who just started walking. :) What a cutie!!!As you can see, Owen was just as anxious for a vacation as we were! He had a lot of fun playing on my suitcase.
These are a few pictures of Owen and nieces and nephews while we were up at the cabin! We had so much fun!!! We celebrated a few birthdays while we were there and so the kids got to take a few swings at the pinata and Owen got a turn too. He was so intrigued! He just stared the whole time. We had a lot of fun!!!









Don't you love that look? Why are you kissing me mom? Oh well! I wished I would have got some pictures from when my parents came to our house for the rest of the weekend. I was sooo tired! I actually forgot to get out my camera. We had a blast with them and were so glad that they came. Owen loved it too!
Sorry for the long post, but I just thought I would add a little bit about Conference. What an amazing couple of days! I felt like a lot of the talks were aimed at raising and teaching children. I was so touched by the stories and suggestions for doing this effectively! Some days you feel like you are just losing your sanity a little at a time and wondering how important it really is, but I really felt a new sense of urgency to be a good mom who teaches my son how to treat others and just be a good person. There were some excellent talks about faith and patience and getting through trials. What a blessing to feel the spirit in those messages and have such straight forward directions. I always love Conference! What a great week!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about conference! It aslo made me really feel good about the decision I made to be a stay at home mom. I know I am super blessed to be at home during these special years. Sometimes it's hard to remember when you are holding your breath to change dirty diapers or sleep deprived because you're up with a sick little boy. So it's nice to know that the brethern support our efforts in raising righteous families:)

    ReplyDelete