Friday, March 19, 2010

A little experiement...

Well, I won't lie to you not this week, but the 2 weeks before were just rough. I really felt like I was in a bit of a slump. I felt bored with day to day. So, on Sunday (when the time change happened and we didn't realize it). Zac offered to wait at home with Owen until he woke up and I could go to Sacrament Meeting babyless. :) I was more than happy to take him up on that offer and I think he could see that I needed it. And lets not lie, there may have been a little basketball motivation involved.

Anyway, I went without feeling distracted and really got to listen and feel the spirit. Don't get me wrong, I usually do get something out of church...it's just, with a 16 month old that always wants to run, it is sometimes hit and miss. Well, I don't know what happened, but it felt like something clicked. I realized very quickly that I had been focused on my own little world and the reason I was in a slump was because I wasn't thinking of other people. So, I got a blessing and sat down with Zac and we decided we (mostly me) needed to make some changes. And with that, I had a new week to start fresh.

Now, I want to be clear that the week itself wasn't different from any other week, but I felt like I had a better attitude, I felt the spirit more, I made a large effort to listen to promptings of who I could possibly serve and I just felt like everything was going to be okay. I am so grateful that I was listening to the spirit when I needed to and that I really felt like Heavenly Father wanted me to happy. It has been so much easier to see all my blessings and truly feel loved. I know that there are still going to be challenging weeks, but at least now I can more easily see that if I am focused on other people (including my wonderful husband) I will be okay, and I can listen to those promptings more often. Just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment