Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lists

I have been feeling like lately there are a lot of things that I want to learn or get better at, so I have found a few people to teach me more about:

Budget
Gluten free diets
Counting calories
Hair/makeup

and I am trying to find someone to help me learn how to decorate my house.

Along with learning these new things, I have made a list of to dos. This is one of those lists that just keep getting bigger and bigger. Some of those things include:

  1. Making a FHE bin that has lessons and visual aids in an organized place.
  2. Making a pantry/freezer inventory list, so I can better keep track of things as we start to run out.
  3. Weekly goals to work on with Owen.
  4. Weight loss plans.
  5. Meal plans.
  6. Putting photos in albums, until I'm 40 and have time to scrapbook again.
And the list goes on...

I also have a list of every room in my house and everything I want to finish or do in each room.

I think I have my work cut out for me. The other day I was discussing something with Zac and suggested we make a list to help us organize our thoughts and he just laughed and said "not everything can be fixed with a list." But, I made the list anyway. :)

3 comments:

  1. Here is a FHE archive. If you click on the individual lesson plan and scroll to the bottom you can click on a PDF version of the lesson. It's easy to stick in a page protector and put it in a binder or put in folders in a locker box (that are on sale for back to school season). You could adapted them for different age groups, but it gives you a start, and might even give YOU an uplift too. A new one is added each week, but if you have the archive as a resource you can decide the topic you need for your own family.
    http://ldsliving.com/topic/fhe

    When I made a food inventory list, I made it on the computer so when I needed to replace it it was already done. I added squares to check off each time I used what I decided was a family serving. So, if I bought a bag of frozen chicken and could use the chicken for three meals the chicken on my list would have three boxes next to it. When I used the chicken for one dinner, I would cross off a box. When I bought another bag I would draw on more squares. It was easy to glance at and know what I needed to replace.

    What are you currently working on with Owen? Anything I can do to help?

    Weight loss; I don't have any tips.

    If you make a menu plan, keep a copy of it and rotate it. If you make six weeks of menus and rotate them, you only eat the same thing eight times a year. Pick seven food categories, one for each night of the week. (Crock Pot, Chicken, Breakfast, Pasta, Beef, etc.) You can also make a shopping list (since you like lists) for each week and it's ready for the store when you are.

    How old will your kids be when you are forty? Will you really have time then? Ha ha. To simplify the picture organization, I used the books that hold the 4x6 pictures and "scrap-booked" 4x6 papers that I put in between events. That way I still have the journaling done and it looks kind of cute, but is lots less time consuming. I even assign Lee to do some of the pages. Or print the information from my blog onto the correct size pages. No matter what, I put the pictures in the book right when I got them and just left a space for the pages with the written information.

    I like lists too!! Maybe I should take some of my own advice again. It's been a while since I did some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already wrote a novel, but I just thought of something that could be a start for the weight loss topic. And it's something you are already great at...make lists! If you keep track and have to right down everything you eat or when you exercise you will feel more accountable and might not eat the snack or second portion, or might not miss a day of walking or exercise, etc. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I lived closer and could do this all with you, I have all the same lists! Good luck! I talked to my cousin Julie Haskell yesterday and were seeing if we knew any of the same people and we both knew you two, she had so many good things to say about you and Zac and how awesome you both were, especially in highschool.

    ReplyDelete